Friday, August 30, 2013

Busy, busy, busy!

It's been a super busy week for us in the Brumbaugh family!  Emily started kindergarten this week. We had an orientation on Monday, and her first full class was Tuesday. Monday night she said, "Mommy, that school is boring. I don't want to go." She's never used the word boring and is usually excited by school, so I knew something was up. Later in the evening, she came to sit on my lap and began to get teary. When asked what's wrong, she said in such a sad little voice, "I liked my preschool. I miss Mrs. E, and I don't want to move on without her!" Then, she cried. Mrs. "E" was the fantastic preschool teacher she'd had for 2 years. We talked about teacher relationships and moving on and giving her new teacher a chance. The next day came... and she did great!! No tears (from her, at least), and happy smiles when she came home. I felt incredibly grateful I got to take her to her first day of school this year.

The school year is quickly approaching. This will be my 7th year teaching! I can't believe it. No matter if it's 7 years of teaching or my 1st year, I still get nervous. The sleepless nights of tossing and turning have been going on for a few nights now. To-do lists of all kinds are all I see when I close my eyes. It's always like this at the start of the school year, and it will taper off around October.

As far as fitness goes, I have remained loyal to myself by not weighing myself. It's been quite a while since I've not weighed in, and I feel fine. I've been going to Zumba when I can, but this adjustment of working AND exercising has been difficult. I keep at it though. Wednesday was a special 2 hour Zumba party. Wow! I didn't think it was possible to sweat so much!

Overall, a busy, but a GREAT week! I hope yours was just as good, and next week will be even better! If I were to take an overall in inventory on the amount of happiness going on in my life, I would give things an 8. Not bad, but not perfect due to it being sooo busy at work. But, that will change, too. Take a little in inventory on your life. Where's your happiness level?

No comments:

Post a Comment