Sunday, August 4, 2013

This is Only a Test

Let's face it, life is not always sunshine and roses. There are messy and gritty days mixed in with the sunny ones. Sometimes, there are the times where it seems that day after day it just seems to be one thing after another. If find that I have certain triggers that just get me angry, time after time. Maybe its work stressors, hubby stressors, or even the kids. But, it seems to be the same things over and over. It's so difficult to break out of that anger cycle when it comes st you every day. Eventually, I turn to asking God, "what's the deal here? I can't take much more of this! Help me out please!"

It's important to remember the quote in this picture. God isn't sitting back or abandoning me. He's there, hoping that I've learned enough to pass this certain test.  I'll be honest, my temper has ALWAYS gotten me into trouble. It's one thing I struggle with the most.  God doesn't want me to struggle, so he keeps giving me learning opportunities to work on my anger and temper. I will continue to be presented with these tests until I pass. God is the teacher and He's in control of my tests. 

When I look at these situations as tests, then I get a determined feeling. I try even harder to control my temper, stick to my willpower, increase my patience, bite my tongue, and not procrastinate.  I've always been a bit of an overacheiver at school, and I want to ace these tests.  So, next time someone pissed me off/ the cupcake is calling me/ the girls aren't listening/ I feel like putting off a project, I'll remember how much I want to get an A on this test. How about you* do you notice that you're being tested?

No comments:

Post a Comment