Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

Today is an emotional day for me. My baby is going to kindergarten. I'm so excited for her and all the amazing things that she'll learn, see, and do. It's hard to think that my little girl is even old enough to be going to "big-kid" school. That time up until now is actually gone. She's growing up so fast, and I wish I could stop the clock for just a little bit. Yesterday she was very cuddly, and she said to me, "Mommy, can I just stay with you forever and live with you always?" My heart melted, "of course." Unfortunately, I know all too well that the inevitable arguing, attitude, and " I hate you"s are only a few years away. How will those times not break my heart? But, I also know that phase will only last for so long. So, I'm just going to say a prayer for Emily's first day, put my worries into the God-bag, and slap a back-to-school smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment