Friday, August 23, 2013

Garage Sale!

My friend and I are currently having our second weekend of a garage sale. We usually have our sale Thursday through Saturday, and do pretty well.  Have you ever had a garage sale before?  They are A LOT of work! The prep, the set up, the selling, the waiting, the break down.  But, I love that I get to finally get a lot if the clutter of my house.  We've made a few fun memories through our garage sales.

We always pick a "magic item", and it's one item we think is the least likely to sell. Our magic items have been: a bag of cotton balls, a marble egg, a Christmas clock, a Sox player bobblehead, lingerie. Guess what?? ALL of those items sold!  We've been frustrated by certain customers- one woman offered us $20 for a 5-piece oak bedroom set!! (It later sold for $250.). One guy asked me what my lowest offer on a steam cleaner would be.  I had no idea, so I said $10... only there was already a $5 sticker on!  There have been all sorts of nationalities and personalities.  Today, we met a hilarious older husband and wife celebrating their anniversary.

Lots of opportunities, money, and memories made from all of our garage sales.  Even though they're a ton of work, they are some if the mist fun times I have all summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment