Friday, August 23, 2013

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Yesterday's entertainment "news" was that Wentworth Miller has come out as gay.  He is an incredibly good-looking and well spoken man. I think my gay-dar was off on that one, but that's not the point if this post. Wentworth starred in the show "PrisonBreak" about 5 years ago. I was OBSESSED over this show!  The plot was amazing. It was filmed locally in Illinois, and the show was full of male eye-candy. When I say obsessed, I mean I went out to the old Joliet prison to watch them filming!  This was before I'd ever had DVR, so I would have to work my social calendar around episodes.

Now, I love my tv shows. Always have. I have fond memories watching "The Sopranos" with my mom and grandma. She loved to comment on how cute Tony was. I have early memories watching "Family Ties", and "The Cosby Show".  I truly enjoyed watching "Home Improvement" with my family, discussing how Jill had the patience of a saint!  There are some shows out there that instantly bring a smile to my face, and I realize... I actually miss those shows. I miss Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha.  I miss my weekly shows like ER, 7th Heaven, Friends, and the original 90210.  Those characters came into my home every day for years.  When you connect with a show, you connect with the characters that you see every week.  I have to admit, I get really bummed out watching finale episodes.  I may or may not have been known to cry even when I have to say goodbye to my favorite characters.  Please tell me I'm not alone!  Comment below and share your favorites that you've had to say goodbye to!

No comments:

Post a Comment