Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Next MasterChef!

Top Chef, MasterChef, Hells Kitchen, Chopped- I love them all!  I love to watch the cooking shows and learn all kids of new things. They inspire me to try different things, and be creative in the kitchen. There is nothing quite like the feeling of accomplishment that comes with a new, experimental creation in the kitchen.  Sometimes, I love cooking with my girls because I get to explain to them while I'm working- just like they do on tv. I get to imagine that I'm the next best contestant on any of the above shows. Silly? Yes. Childish? Sure. Fun? Absolutely!!

My father-in-law likes to think he's the farmer of Lombard, and he has a mini- orchard in his backyard. He has a bunch of peaches and gave tons to us. I decided to try making a pie. Something I've never done before ever! First thing I noticed is that peaches SUCK to peel and cut. Talk about a sticky mess!! After researching online, I got started assembling my pie. The pictures were from today's pie-making adventure. Overall, not nearly as scary as I thought it would be, and I'm very proud of myself for my first beautiful pie. MasterChef, here I come!!

1 comment:

  1. you did awesome and I love following your page keep it up. C Guenther

    ReplyDelete