Monday, August 5, 2013

This is for You!

Being a mom is a tough job, and its a position that's filled with self-doubt. Am I being the best I can be? Am I giving enough attention to the kids? Maybe I shouldn't have yelled ay them like that. Geez, my friend seems like super-mom and so much better than me. These are all thoughts that have crossed my mind at one point.  I'm here to let you know that there are some days that just won't run smoothly. As much as you try, you won't get the meal on the table in time. You had every intention of making those cute cupcakes for birthday treats, but store-bought will have to be just as good.  There are some days that as ling as everyone is still in one piece by bedtime, then you've accomplished enough.  My mom friends, please know that you do a great job! Don't let that doubt sneak in- your kids are doing great, and you are, too.

To any dads reading this- please spontaneously tell your kids' mom how well she's doing (and not just on mothers day please). She needs to hear it, and needs the reassurance of a job well done. Know a new mom- maybe your daughter, niece, or friend with children? Tell her she's doing a great job. Out of the blue motherhood compliments make a mom's heart swell.  All mom's need that pat on the back some days!

No comments:

Post a Comment