Monday, July 22, 2013

Bad-ass Mamas

Yesterday my hubby and I had the nice opportunity to go to see a movie at our favorite place- Hollywood Blvd.  We LOVE it there because we get to see a movie AND have a meal at the same time. I suggested a nice action movie "White House Down" (that just happened to star Channing Tatum).  I have to say that the movie was GREAT!  It was very similar to the classic, Bruce Wills style action movies.  There was action (obviously!), comedy, cheesey one-liners, a hot great hero, and a great cast.  We both enjoyed ourselves.  Then, hubby rented a movie from the RedBox last night- Snitch, starring the Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.  While both movies were different, they had a similarity to them that was undeniable.  Both men in the movies were fathers, and their children were in danger.  They would do anything for them, and they proved their love and devotion for their child.  Remember the movie "Commando" from the 80s?  Very similar.  In fact, there have been many movies where a father comes through in the time of need for his kids.

While chatting with hubby, I asked him if he could think of any movies where the MOM was the action-hero.  Are there any movies with a Bad-Ass Mama?  This got us thinking... There are plenty of examples of mothers going through emotional olympics to save their child.  "Steel Magnolias" and "Not Without My Daughter" come to mind immediately.  And, no one can forget Sarah Connor, in the Terminator series- definitely the ULTIMATE tough mama!  But, why aren't there more action-packet movies featuring mothers that would do anything for thier kids?  Maybe it just goes without saying that a mother will do anything and everything to for her child/children, so Hollywood doesn't feel it's worthy of a movie plot.


These are my loves.  I would do ANYTHING for my girls.  God help anyone that hurts them, harms them, or gets in their way.  Yes, they will need to learn to stand-up for themselves in life, but I'm not above laying a good beating down on anyone that is an adversary to them.  This mama bear lives for her children, and I would gladly give my life for theirs.  In a heartbeat- without thinking.  I think that's just what happens when you become a mom.  I may not be running around with a machine gun like Linda Hamilton, but I can be just a fierce!  Hollywood may not think it worthy enough of an adventure story, but I know that I could definitely cause some drama when it comes to protecting these little chickadees!

No comments:

Post a Comment