Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fall Traditions

Five years ago, Brian, myself, and our friends brought Emily apple-picking. It is one of my most treasured moments. Over the past few years the tradition has grown to include more friends and many more children. I have some of the most amazing pictures from our apple-picking outings, and there are memories I'll never forget. For example, the time we went and it was rainy and cold. As we sat on a porch, our friend was actually ringing out her socks. We always must get our apple doughnuts and sit on the back porch and enjoy them. We always sit at the exact same place, every single year. No matter how packed with people the place gets, there us always room for us at "our" spot.
I am a person that thrives on tradition. I love the consistency that having yearly traditions provide. It is almost a way of having yearly built-in memories. Most of our traditions either happen in the Fall, or during the holiday season. Trick-or-treating at the grandparents' house with all the cousins, having my family gathering together on Christmas Eve, enjoying the Brumbaugh family Christmas at Aunt Florence's, and ringing in the new year with best friends are all the best traditions that I love and cherish.
This picture shows how far we've come over the past five years. The original group was four adults, and one 1-year-old. Now, look how far we've come! Our group today has expanded to 7 adults and six kids. Time just flies by, and I'm sure our group will only grow throughout the years, and eventually I'll bring my grandkids here. Traditions just make me feel so happy. I felt very blessed and content today as I enjoyed making new memories with my hubby & girls, my favorite kids, and my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment