Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Get knocked down 7 times, and get up 8!

That is the key to success. Lord knows I've been knocked down MANY times on my weight loss journey. I've had some awesome wins (being thrilled and confident in my mid-twenties due to shedding many pounds), and some devastating lows (gaining and never losing 60 pounds with my 1st pregnancy). Throughout it all, I have never given up. I might try tons of new things, go through cycles of trying hard and then rebelling by undoing the hard work I did. But, I haven't given up yet! This is why I know I'm bound to succeed one of these times.

I've recently started following the program recommended by Chris and Heidi Powell (of Extreme weight loss). It's based on carb cycling. Basically 2 days low-carb, 1 high-carb, 2 low-carb, 1 high-carb, and 1 guilt-free day. Then, repeat the next week. I'm not going to pretend that I can go in-depth about the science behind this program, but I do know it's been working. I'm just finishing my day 10, and I've dropped 7lbs (5 my first week, and 3 this week). I feel good, not too deprived, and I feel like the program is manageable. I would highly suggest trying it if you're looking for a change in your eating.

This week, I've added a bit more intense exercise to my routine. I LOVE Zumba and have a great time doing it at the gym. When I'm on a roll, I go to class at least 3 nights a week. I've chosen to do the T25 program. So far, I've completed the first 4 days, and I'm still alive! I look forward to not only eating better, but changing my body.  I'm ready to have the success that I've been building up to! I mean, it's gotta happen soon, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment